Dubai Airshow Deals Mean Significant Boost for UAE Companies
- Mubadala secures total of over AED 43 billion (US$ 11.8 billion) of deals for the UAE’s aerospace and defense sector.
- Aerostructures and engine parts manufacturing work packages secured and composite materials production strategy driven forward through wide-ranging agreements worth AED 22 billion (US$ 6 billion) with global OEMs
- AMMROC extends support for the UAE Armed Forces with AED 21.14 billion (US$ 5.8 billion) five-year Performance Based Logistics agreement
- Agreements will accelerate the development of the Nibras Al Ain Aerospace Park
The agreements announced during the Dubai Airshow by Mubadala Aerospace, Communications Technology and Defense Services (ACTDS) with Airbus, Boeing, GE, Rolls Royce and the UAE Armed Forces, support Mubadala’s goal of becoming a diversified global tier 1 aerospace supplier, acting as direct suppliers for the global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), with a focus on aerostructures, engines and related components, as well as being the strategic partner of choice to the UAE armed forces in defense services.
These agreements include commitments and partnerships, that:
- Generate US$4.4 billion of aerostructures manufacturing work packages, through to 2030, to Strata, Mubadala’s advanced composite aerostructures manufacturing plant, supporting its continuous progress towards becoming a major tier 1 aerostructures supplier
- Support Mubadala’s aims to develop its capabilities in composite and carbon fiber material production, to expand the supply chain and create a materials ecosystem
- Expand Mubadala’s engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) capabilities in partnership with leading OEMs, capturing the emerging opportunity in servicing next generation aero-engines with an increased focus on high technology repairs
- Build on its partnerships to move into engine parts manufacturing, generating US$1 billion of engine parts manufacturing work package transfers, with the aim to become a tier 1 supplier for next generation commercial engine platforms
- Extend its support for the UAE Armed Forces to ensure the operational readiness for the complete inventory of fixed and rotary-wing aircraft, including military aviation MRO services
These agreements enable Mubadala to accelerate the wider development of the aerospace and air-related defense industry in Abu Dhabi, generating opportunities across the industry supply chain for local companies and showcasing the Emirate as an attractive aerospace hub, with geographical, operational and financial benefits for the major industry players. This will contribute to the establishment of a new major aerospace cluster located in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, at the Nibras Al Ain Aerospace Park.
Mubadala CEO and Managing Director, Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, commented: “The announcements we’ve made this week in conjunction with our partners are great news and another major step forward in our efforts to create a global aerospace platform. We are delighted to build on our partnerships with the UAE Armed Forces, Airbus, Boeing, GE and Rolls Royce, which form the cornerstones of our strategy to further develop Abu Dhabi as an aerospace hub.”