Mubadala Petroleum operates the Ruby field in Indonesia, producing gas for local requirements.
Mubadala Petroleum operates and has a 70 percent working interest in the Ruby gas field, located offshore Indonesia. It is the first project in Mubadala Petroleum’s global portfolio that the company has taken through the complete upstream cycle, from exploration and appraisal, through development and into production.
Ruby will produce approximately 250 billion cubic feet of gas for sale to the domestic market over the life of the field.
Ruby gas field, located in Indonesia’s Makassar Strait, is the first project in Mubadala Petroleum’s international portfolio that has been taken through the full upstream cycle, from initial exploration through to production, which commenced in October 2013.
Gas from the Ruby field is supplied to Indonesian fertilizer manufacturer, PT Pupuk Kalimantan Timur, for use at plants that support the Indonesian national food program and growth of the Indonesian economy. The offshore area will produce approximately 250 billion cubic feet of gas for sale to the domestic market over the life of the field.
Together with its partners, Total E&P Sebuku and Inpex South Makassar Ltd., Mubadala Petroleum has invested approximately US$500 million in Ruby’s facilities. Mubadala Petroleum operates and has a 70 percent working interest in the project. Total E&P Sebuku and Inpex South Makassar Lt equally split the remaining 30 percent interest.
Ruby’s development and construction phases, representing ten million man-hours of work, were distinguished by an exemplary safety record, among the best in class when compared to current international oil and gas industry performance standards.
The development of the Ruby gas field was sanctioned in June 2011 and produced first gas flow ahead of schedule in October 2013. A 312-kilometer-long subsea pipeline connects the Ruby platform to the dedicated terminal for processing at the Senipah onshore gas plant in Indonesia, operated by Total E&P.
Other Oil & Gas Assets
Dolphin Energy, a multinational gas development and transportation initiative, is among the largest energy investments ever undertaken in the Gulf region.Read more about Dolphin Energy
A strategic gas supply project for the UAERead more about Emirates LNG
One of four offshore oil concessions operated by Mubadala Petroleum in the Gulf of Thailand
Manora Oil Field
Mubadala Petroleum operates the Manora oil field in the northern Gulf of Thailand.Read more
Mubadala Petroleum is exploring, appraising, developing, and producing oil and gas resources in the Middle East, Africa and Central and Southeast Asia.Read more about Mubadala Petroleum
Mukhaizna, located in Block 53 onshore Oman, is operated by Occidental.Read more about Mukhaizna
Nong Yao Oil Field
Nong Yao is one of Mubadala Petroleum’s four offshore operations in Thailand.Read more
Tatweer Petroleum is engaged in a leading-edge effort to revitalize production at the Bahrain field.Read more about Tatweer Petroleum